Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP OMEN 870-224
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello, I'm thinking of adding an SSD to my desktop but when I looked inside the case, I noticed there was only one last SATA port available. I currently have one HDD and a disk drive, the last SATA port is colored white is that ok?

I looked online and from what I'm getting, it depends on the motherboard. Also, do I need to get a seperate mount for my SSD,

or does my case come with it installed already. Thanks in advance. 

-Peter

P.S Heres the link to my exact motherboard. https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/omen-by-hp-870-200/13687063/model/15741160/document/c05355651

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Alduin, welcome to the forum.

@Alduin wrote:

Hello, I'm thinking of adding an SSD to my desktop but when I looked inside the case, I noticed there was only one last SATA port available. I currently have one HDD and a disk drive, the last SATA port is colored white is that ok?  Yes, you can use the White SATA connector.  You will need a to add a data cable, also.

I looked online and from what I'm getting, it depends on the motherboard. Also, do I need to get a seperate mount for my SSD,

or does my case come with it installed already.  You will need to buy a 2.5" to 3.5" SSD adapter.

Thanks in advance. 

-Peter

P.S Heres the link to my exact motherboard. https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/omen-by-hp-870-200/13687063/model/15741160/document/c05355651

Here are the SSD's recommended for your computer by Crucial Memory.  As you will see, there are M.2 SSD's recommended.  I don't see any M.2 socket on your motherboard for a SSD.  The only socket is for a LAN card.  Crucial makes very good products at a reasonable price.  If you want more help with choosing the best SSD for your system, you can contact their Tech Support.  They have always been very helpful.

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.