Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
hp omen x 900-085na

Have 3 slots for add extra HDD.  Bays pop out but no screws to secure HDD to caddy.  Searched the internet till I’m tired and can’t find these screws anywhere 🤯. Anyone any ideas please.  Can’t understand why they would make something that is so difficult to source. 

6C810B90-E599-40EF-90C1-92748003543D.jpeg

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@CompMum1968 Searching the internet till you were tired seems like a lot of work, and I respect that, however, in the future, this is what I suggest you do to save yourself from the trouble:

Check the Hardware Reference Guide for details on what kind of screw your device requires: Click here to access the same (Page. 11 > Replacing or installing drives)

That said, I looked up the same and here's what I found, it looks like you need: HDD mounting screw - available in any local or online store such as eBay, Amazon, etc..

P.S: Welcome to HP Forums! 😉

Let me know how that pans out,

If you feel I was helpful, simply click on Accept as Solution to help the community grow,

That said, I will have someone follow-up on this to ensure you've been helped,

Just in case you don't get back to us within 24 - 48hrs, and have a good day, ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply, however not available in local computer shops including PC World who are supposed to be an authorised repair agent.  Not available on Amazon and only place from ebay is from Hong Kong which takes 6 weeks to arrive!  These do not appear to be standard mounting screws so proving rather difficult and HP were unable to help on the support desk as to where they source them from.  Disappointed that it should be that difficult.

HP Recommended

@CompMum1968 I looked around all non-HP websites though I'm not supposed to and I hope I don't get into trouble for the below links,

However, here are a few options for you, click here, here or here and order them for yourself, as it isn't available on HP Parts Store (you may check it too) as of now.

I hope that answers your query,  

If it did, simply select "Accept as solution", to help the community grow, 

And if you wish to thank us for our efforts, click on the thumbs up for kudos.

Have a great day ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.