Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
OMEN Laptop - 17t-cb100 IDS Base Model
Microsoft Windows 11

I just shut off my Omen computer on accident when i meant to restart it and now it won’t turn back on. If i hold the button it does nothing but if i click the power button, the led turns on, but then shortly after it powers off.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @Jonathandp46,

Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

I'd like to help!

Remove discs and devices and perform a hard reset

Before troubleshooting startup issues, remove or disconnect all discs and devices from the computer.

Turn off the computer.

Disconnect the AC adapter.

Remove any discs from the disc drive.

Remove memory cards from the card reader slot.

Disconnect all nonessential devices such as printers, scanners, external hard drives, and USB flash drives.

NOTE: Do not disconnect your mouse, keyboard, or monitor.

With the AC adapter unplugged, press and hold the power button for approximately 15 seconds.

Reconnect the AC adapter, and then turn on the computer.

If the computer starts, reconnect the devices one at a time to determine which disc or device is causing the problem. 

Continue with the troubleshooting to test the hardware for failures.

If Windows does not start but the screen turns on, continue with the troubleshooting to test the hardware for failures.

If there is no noise from the computer case or fans, the lights on the computer do not turn on (including the keyboard lights), and the screen does not receive a video signal, your computer might not be receiving power. Contact HP for further support.

Once done, try the remaining steps from this document

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Elohi_NR
I am an HP Employee
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.