Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Desktop - TP01-1227c
Microsoft Windows 11

I updated the BIOS for my HP Pavilion Desktop-TP01-1227c yesterday, it started the process, said that the computer will reboot serval times and don't turn off the computer. It finished the update and started the first reboot but on the second reboot there was a blank screen, the keyboard light didn't come on, but I can see the power light is on and hear the fan turning. I waited and hour and rebooted and the same thing happens. I did the troubleshoot where you unplug everthing, press and hold the power botton for 15 seconds release, and plug everything back, reboot while pressing down the windows key , ctrl and b keys at the same time and still nothing. HELP! PLEASE ADVISE!!

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @nharris341 

Did you get the BIOS update from HP Support Assistant or Windows Update? Or did you do a manual BIOS update? The following tips may not help if you did a manual BIOS update using the latest BIOS update file indicated below.

The automatic BIOS updates, especially from Microsoft, can mess things up.

See if you can create a bootable USB BIOS recovery flash drive by downloading and running sp149470.exe on a different PC.

Connect this USB BIOS recovery drive to your PC. Start the PC.

Check this HP Support video for additional tips on recovering the BIOS outside of the operating system.

You may need HP factory service or use of a Serial BIOS programmer by a local PC Tech if you can't recover the BIOS with the USB BIOS recovery drive.

Regards

HP Recommended

Hey thanks for responding. I downloaded the updated BIOS from HP.com using the drivers for my HP

HP Recommended

Hi @nharris341 

My pleasure.

Have you tried to fix the corrupted BIOS by creating the HP USB BIOS recovery flash drive on a different PC per my initial suggestion?

This may work. Otherwise you may have to contact HP Support or find a local PC Tech to flash the BIOS using a serial USB BIOS programmer.

Regards

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.