Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
OMEN by HP Desktop PC 880-p0xx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi

I am currently looking to upgrade my GPU in my PC but before I start to buy a new GPU I would like to know if the graphic card that I am currently looking at buying would be able to fit on my motherboard and in the case. I am not the most tech savvy person but I do know some stuff. So currently I have done my research and from what I found is that it would be able to fit in my PC. But I am not willing to take the decision to buy the GPU before I know that it is 100% that it would be compatible.

The GPU in question  is msi radeon rx 5600 xt mech oc. If there is any more information that you need then just ask away. Thanks in advance for help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Thank you for the additional information, @Dojan!

Here are the specifications for the card from MSI:  https://www.msi.com/Graphics-card/RADEON-RX-5600-XT-MECH-OC/Specification

The card is 9.09" (231 mm) in length.  You should measure from the Back I/O ports to the front of the case to assure that it will fit with space for good airflow.  Airflow is very important with the new powerful cards.  Also, you should check to see if your power supply unit (PSU), which is close to minimum requirements, has a 1x8-pin PCIe power connector.  The MSI card requires this connector.  If you buy a different brand the specifications may be a bit different.

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@Dojan , welcome to the forum.

What is the Product Number of the computer? I need this information to review the specifications of it. Please don't furnish the Serial # or other personal information. You can find the Product Number at the bottom of the page when you open HP Support Assistant.

HP Recommended

Don't know how I forgot the product number but here it is 1QX49EA#UUW and serial number [Private information removed].

HP Recommended

Thank you for the additional information, @Dojan!

Here are the specifications for the card from MSI:  https://www.msi.com/Graphics-card/RADEON-RX-5600-XT-MECH-OC/Specification

The card is 9.09" (231 mm) in length.  You should measure from the Back I/O ports to the front of the case to assure that it will fit with space for good airflow.  Airflow is very important with the new powerful cards.  Also, you should check to see if your power supply unit (PSU), which is close to minimum requirements, has a 1x8-pin PCIe power connector.  The MSI card requires this connector.  If you buy a different brand the specifications may be a bit different.

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

HP Recommended

Thank you so much this is really helpful information. I should be able to solve the problem with my friend .

HP Recommended

You are very welcome, @Dojan!  It is my pleasure.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.