cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
almaeda
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Upgrade GPU on HP Pavilion 690-0018 Desktop?

HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 690-0018
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello HP community! I recently bought my second gaming computer since my previous one finally gave out.  Here is a link to it. I just want to possibly upgrade the GPU. It's equipped with an Nvidia GTX 1050. Upon some research, I found that some Single Fan GPU's may fit this specific model I own. My question is will those be compatible with the Motherboard and such? I do plan to upgrade the power supply before any GPU action. Here are some links I've found from a helpful fellow on YouTube: EVGA GTX 1060 6GB -Single Fan | ZOTAC GTX 1060 6GB Mini - Single Fan 

Any help is appreciated! Thank You. 

- almaeda

2 REPLIES 2
Photoray002
Level 15
12,679 7,626 1,310 4,347
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

In order to upgrade to a gtx 1060, You will need to upgrade the PSU to a 500w setup. But your system uses a Small Form Factor PSU.

Here is a thread where another user with a similar computer as yours, was able to use a 500w PSU in its place...

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Gaming-Desktops/HP-pavilion-690-0010-PSU-upgrade-help/td-p/6991219

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Alex10787
Level 2
8 6 1 6
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you for linking him to my page,i i will post the part number there so anyone with a similar PC can buy the part from the HP parts store to upgrade their PSU to 500w

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation