Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Hp pavilion tg01-0067na.
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Ok so I picked this up at Argos (UK) it comes with 1 8gb stick, a Ryzen 3 3200G and an rx5500 4gb.

What are my upgrade options here ? 

I'd like to get 16gb ram and an 8gb gfx card in the future 

Thanks in advance

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

The Erica motherboard supports up to 32 GB on 64 bit operating systems.

The processor can be upgraded to a Ryzen 5 3400G, 3.7 GHz Base frequency, up to 4.2 GHz burst frequency, 4 MB cache, Quad core (Picasso)

I see it is delivered with a 400 W Platinum PSU, but I do not know if it has a six or eight pin PCIe power cable for a video card.

You will have to open the PC to see if it does have one. Otherwise you will need to upgrade the PSU.

You will need to measure the current rx5500 4gb( length/Height/width) video card to see if any 8GB card you are considering will fit in its place.

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

Hello,

Thanks for getting back to me.

Having looked inside the connectors available (plugged into the 5500) are 1 six pin and one 2 pin. Looking at the size of the card, there's not much room for a longer 2 fan card etc so I'm guessing a small form factor is my only option.

Thanks

HP Recommended

No problem. We are here for you.

One of the nice thing about desktops is that they are so easy to open and make measurements inside.

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.