Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Homen 30l
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

good morning everyone, sorry for my bad english. I wanted to know if there is a way to upgrade the Hp Omen case, my case is small and very hot, and I would like something that can fit a decent cooler.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

The USB 2.0 MB header is a 10 pins with one missing pin. I don't know how HP identifies this.

USB 3.0 is a 20 pin MB header with one missing pin.

Regards

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
HP Recommended

Hi,

You will void your warranty if you do this.

Yes, you can move most HP components to a different case. The front RGB lighting may not make it.

The HP provided power supply cable lengths may not work in a larger case. It depends on the size of the new case. You will have to see how this goes when you move the components to the new case.

Your MB has a finite fan header count. You may need to buy a fan controller hub or get a case with this option to add more fans to the system. RGB or ARGB is also at risk. You may need a combo fan RGB controller hub. You may need a spare SATA power connection.

Regards

HP Recommended

thanks for the answer, I already have an old thermaltake case (p3), I have already seen that the pin of the power button is located in the upper part of the MOBO, but I cannot find the reset one and not even the pin of the usb 2.0 cable, too if seeing this it should be the board for the led lights. The thing that pisses me off is that I don't understand how the HP engineers designed this configuration. Why put a 120 AIO system knowing that the Intel 10700k processor requires a 360 heatsink? The temperatures reach 80 degrees Celsius when I play, and it looks like an airbus is about to leave.

HP Recommended

Hi,

The 30L is a really good PC. But it does have some thermal issues due to the case design and fan options. You have one front fan, one rear, fan, and the CPU downdraft fan or a CPU water block and a top fan/radiator combo in the 30L.

The front power switch and front power on LED MB headers work with retail cases. HP does not have a reset switch. Also, there is no front HDD LED. I usually connect the replacement front case HDD LED connection to the MB front power on LED header. You get front HDD LED activity when you do this.

You need to look at a front Mesh case having good airflow. Options to install up to a front 360 AIO CPU liquid cooler is good. Or a top 240 to 360 radiator. Larger top radiator options means a bigger case.

Regards

HP Recommended

hi,
The 30l case is a nice PC, very clean, too bad for that thermal problem. I didn't understand where you connect the HDD led. But by chance there is a manual of the mobo? I would not like to mistakenly connect the various pins. Another thing, the thermaltake case with 2 USB 3.0 and 2 2.0 ports, the 2.0 ports must be connected to the pin called "MUSB" on the MOBO?

regards

HP Recommended

Hi,

It is a nice case. Great aesthetics. Many uATX cases have thermal problems; limited fan options, poor airflow.

The power switch connection works either way on retail MBs. The LED connections only work one way. The LED won't work if the connection is wrong. But you won't kill the MB.

Here is a link to a generic 30L PC (Link). You have to use the full product number of your PC to get all specific support options for your MB.

Newer PC cases usually don't have front panel USB 2.0. You will not be able to use some of the Legacy functions included on an older Thermaltake case (front USB 2.0). You will lose some newer MB functions (front USB type C) not available on an older PC case.

The best upgrade option is to get a newer case that conforms, as much as possible, to the 30L front I/O..

Regards

HP Recommended

Hi,

The USB 2.0 MB header is a 10 pins with one missing pin. I don't know how HP identifies this.

USB 3.0 is a 20 pin MB header with one missing pin.

Regards

HP Recommended

hi,
thank you so much for your help
regards

HP Recommended

Hi @Sconus ,

You're very welcome.

Regards

HP Recommended

Hi,
one last thing, disassembling the video card I noticed that under it there is a 9 pin connection with front usb 2.0 written, the problem is that the ports that I have front usb 2.0 are of a larger size, the one on the MB seems as if they were mini . Have you seen it? I attach photos1641934501459.jpg

regards

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.