Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
OMEN by HP Obelisk Desktop 875-0913no
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Hi! When i bought this pc it comes with HyperX 2x8GB 2666Mhz and i want to upgrade to 32gb. Ive been looking and found this https://www.kingston.com/dataSheets/HX426C16FBK2_32.pdf

Will this work on my pc? Thanks

Regards Robin

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello @weezc00 

Officially I couldn't tell you as its not been officially tested by HP. HP Support will only advise you to use their ram because it was tested to work with that model PC.

But beyond that, there is no reason for it to not work. I found some reviews on Amazon and NewEgg showing users have that particular ram working in their Ryzen systems. AMD in the past has been known for being more picky than Intel for what Ram will work. But that has been changing as of recent. Its always best to ask the manufacturer (Kingston) if their product will work on what ever chipset.

If you are still concerned about refund-ability if it does not work out, I always recommend Crucial. Crucial gives a full money back guarantee if their ram is not be compatible.

Here is the link to their search results...

USA link...

European Union link...

Let me know if you have other questions.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hello @weezc00 

Officially I couldn't tell you as its not been officially tested by HP. HP Support will only advise you to use their ram because it was tested to work with that model PC.

But beyond that, there is no reason for it to not work. I found some reviews on Amazon and NewEgg showing users have that particular ram working in their Ryzen systems. AMD in the past has been known for being more picky than Intel for what Ram will work. But that has been changing as of recent. Its always best to ask the manufacturer (Kingston) if their product will work on what ever chipset.

If you are still concerned about refund-ability if it does not work out, I always recommend Crucial. Crucial gives a full money back guarantee if their ram is not be compatible.

Here is the link to their search results...

USA link...

European Union link...

Let me know if you have other questions.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.