Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
550-122nl
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello everyone, for Christmas, I decided to upgrade my computer with a powerful graphic card (GTX 1050). Can you guys tell me, which model is compatible with my setup? Also, would my actual PSU support the new GPU? If not, which should I buy?

Thanks 🙂

P.s: (Is THIS model compatible?)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@GamingOrbit,

Thank you for showing your interest in HP Support Forums. It is a great place to find the help you need, from other users, HP experts, and other support personnel. I understand you are looking to upgrade the graphics card on your PC and you need assistance. No worries, I'll be glad to help you.

I did go through the Product specifications and found that your PC was shipped with NVIDIA GeForce GT 730 (Aries M1 - 4GB).

After reviewing the  Motherboard specification which shows there is One PCI Express x16 (Gen 3.0) slot available on your PC.

and Here's the specifications of the graphics card - https://www.nvidia.com/en-in/geforce/products/10series/geforce-gtx-1050/

you should be able to go ahead and upgrade the graphics card only thing that you would need to check is the power supply.

Currently on your PC, you have 180 W uATX Energy Star 6.0 internal power supply

Where as the recommended power supply for the graphics card is 300 W. So please check the power supply and its form factor.

Disclaimer: HP Doesn't recommend any upgrade/downgrade of any hardware parts or software that is bundled with the product. It may affect the manufacturer's warranty and performance. You can change the configuration at your own risk

Hope this answers your question.

Good luck and keep me posted about the developments. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue and give the post a Kudos for my efforts to help. Thank you and have a great week ahead. 🙂

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@GamingOrbit,

Thank you for showing your interest in HP Support Forums. It is a great place to find the help you need, from other users, HP experts, and other support personnel. I understand you are looking to upgrade the graphics card on your PC and you need assistance. No worries, I'll be glad to help you.

I did go through the Product specifications and found that your PC was shipped with NVIDIA GeForce GT 730 (Aries M1 - 4GB).

After reviewing the  Motherboard specification which shows there is One PCI Express x16 (Gen 3.0) slot available on your PC.

and Here's the specifications of the graphics card - https://www.nvidia.com/en-in/geforce/products/10series/geforce-gtx-1050/

you should be able to go ahead and upgrade the graphics card only thing that you would need to check is the power supply.

Currently on your PC, you have 180 W uATX Energy Star 6.0 internal power supply

Where as the recommended power supply for the graphics card is 300 W. So please check the power supply and its form factor.

Disclaimer: HP Doesn't recommend any upgrade/downgrade of any hardware parts or software that is bundled with the product. It may affect the manufacturer's warranty and performance. You can change the configuration at your own risk

Hope this answers your question.

Good luck and keep me posted about the developments. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue and give the post a Kudos for my efforts to help. Thank you and have a great week ahead. 🙂

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.