Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Hp Omen 800 Case
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, i want to upgrade my desktop's mainboard from the standard 24cm x 24cm to a 24.4cm x 24.4cm is that possible? Or do i need to buy a bigger case where it fits in? Thank's for responding, have a great day:)

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Greetings,

Welcome to the forum.

I am not a HP employee.

Both HP motherboards used in an 800 chassis (Link) are uATX MBs which measure 24.4 cm by 24.4 cm (9.6 inches x 9.6 inches).

The system boards used in this product are the : Pittsburgh2 or the Kaili.

I don't recommend using retail motherboards in HP cases.

You could have problems connecting HP chassis components to a retail motherboard.

Regards

HP Recommended

If I might also add... @Balint24  are you asking if you can add a full size ATX motherboard to the Omen PC case?

No you cannot as @Grzwacz  pointed out. Yes you would have to use a different case that has the standoffs located for that full size ATX board.

In such case, you are essentially building a whole new computer and will have to purchase another copy of Windows 10.

You didn't say  which model number Omen you have now but with this logic, you might as well buy all the rest of the parts and keep the Omen as a 2nd PC. 😉

HP Recommended

And is it possible to buy tha  Pittsburgh2 Motherboard? Because the reason why i want a new motherboard is because i have the Kaili in my 880-017 and i can only put 1 graphics card into it but i need 2 slots.

Thanks for respondig to my first question!

HP Recommended

It helps us better if you always post the HP Product Number found in the HP Support Assistant so we know exactly what you have.

The Omen 880 doesn't come with the Kalili mobo. The Kalili supports the 4th gen core-i series CPU and chipset that was installed on the older HP ENVY Phoenix 810-200 series. Two completely different models.

Either way, the Kalili uses socket 1150 and the Pittsburg2 uses socket 2011. That means your CPU is not going to work in it.

You would not be money ahead to try to upgrade your Envy Phoenix. You would do better to simply buy another PC that has what you want and has much newer hardware that will stay relevant longer.

HP Recommended

Hi Balint24,

I checked the 800 series specs using the general product description found in the body of your post.

I gave you incorrect information based upon your product description.

I would not try to run two graphics cards in a uATX case. Too much heat.

Plus Photoray002 has already explained CPU socket differences and suggest you buy a new PC.

Regards.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.