Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
TG01-0xxx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hey, I just bought this computer months ago as my first gaming computer. However, I'd like to upgrade some of the parts that I currently have. This is my first time upgrading my pc so I don't really know where to start and what to do. I've seen some youtube videos, and most of them stated that this computer will be a pain to replace the case. I was wondering if it was possible to replace the current case with another case. And if it is, what would you recommend. The same goes for the GPU, I'd like to upgrade it to a Nividia RTX series. Here are my current specs;

CPU; Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-9700 CPU @ 3.00GHz
GPU; NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 Ti
System memory; 16 GB
System board; 8653 A (SMVB)
System bios; F.20 
Memory slot 1; 16GB SK Hynix 2666MHz

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

You have a HP proprietary power supply. I believe the maximum PSU in this chassis is 500 watts. So this is a potential graphics card upgrade roadblock.

The motherboard is a custom design. I don't think this MB will fit in a retail case. The MB is not ATX, nor uATX, nor ITX design.

Build a new PC using a retail MB, a new case, and a new power supply. Use other standardized HP components available on your HP PC in the new build. You will probably need a new retail Windows product key.

I would not go there.

Regards

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi,

You have a HP proprietary power supply. I believe the maximum PSU in this chassis is 500 watts. So this is a potential graphics card upgrade roadblock.

The motherboard is a custom design. I don't think this MB will fit in a retail case. The MB is not ATX, nor uATX, nor ITX design.

Build a new PC using a retail MB, a new case, and a new power supply. Use other standardized HP components available on your HP PC in the new build. You will probably need a new retail Windows product key.

I would not go there.

Regards

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.