cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
beats1212
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post

Upgrading Graphics Card and RAM

HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 11

I would like to upgrade my PC's Ram and Graphics card.
I have a 4095MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 SUPER (HP)
on a HP 8643 (AM4) mother board also know as Erica. 
AMD Ryzen 5 3500 
Windows 11 64 bit 
and one PC4-25600 (DDR4-3200) 8.00GB Single-Channel ram 

Can someone help or direct me to compatible upgrades?
i really want 16 to 32gb of ram and a RTX 30** Graphics Card!

4 REPLIES 4
banhien
Level 20
Level 20
99,288 38,329 12,908 27,188
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@beats1212 

We need to know what is your machine ? Is it a desktop or notebook ?

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

>
Was this reply helpful? Yes No
beats1212
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

my apologise i thought it was obvious it was a desktop. Yeah its one of those pre built over priced gaming PC's you pick up at your local walmart

banhien
Level 20
Level 20
99,288 38,329 12,908 27,188
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@beats1212 

Sorry, I don't know your machine therefor I can't say anything more.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

>
NonSequitur777
Level 8
1,428 1,422 152 463
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@beats1212,

According to HP Desktop PCs - motherboard specifications, Erica | HP® Customer Support, here are your max processor and RAM specs:

NonSequitur777_0-1653862276088.png

The only thing that isn't clear, is what wattage power supply do you have?  If it is a 500 watt PSU, you can go as high as an RTX 3050, maybe an RTX 3060, but that would be pushing it: you would risk GPU down-throttling when graphics power demands surges during gaming.

Link: Gigabyte RTX 3050 Gaming OC review - Hardware setup | Power consumption (guru3d.com)

Hope this was helpful.

Kind Regards,

NonSequitur777

Dear fellow Forum member, I sincerely hope my response is helpful. If it is, please consider to click "YES" on the: "Was this reply helpful?" button. If my response answered your question, please indicate below as an "Accepted Solution".
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation