Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
OMEN Obelisk Desktop
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I am looking to order an OMEN Obelisk Desktop but want to use a Samsung PCIe® NVMe™ M.2 SSD stick instead of what HP offers.

So I am looking at ordering the lowest stick of 128 GB in the online configuration and then change it out to the Samsung 500 GB when I get the computer.

My question is - where does HP put the Windows 10 OS, etc. - on the M 2 SSD drive when shipped or on the 1 TB HHD?

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Greetings,

Greetings,

Welcome back to the forum.

I am not a HP employee.

Hp would configure this system with the operating system on the faster M.2 drive.

Regards

HP Recommended

So how would you go about "upgrading" the supplied 128 GB M.2 to the 500 GB Samsung M.2...?

HP Recommended

Hi,

This is a fairly complex process with a lot of variables.

You have two options to move the existing factory operating system from one disk to a different disk.

A disk clone.

A disk image

I use Macrium reflect free to do both procedures.

You can check tips for cloning (Link) or tips for creating disk images (Link) at each preceding link.

You will also need to create Macrium Reflect rescue media (Link).

Regards

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.