Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP Omen 880-160nl
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, 

my computer is the HP desktop Omen 880-160nl. My CPU is an Intel i8700k and my dedicated GPU is a Nvidia rtx2070.

I need to use the integrated graphics card as video output while having my dedicated graphics card working on more complex tasks like for example deep learning.

I've noticed that many other manufacturers leave this choice as a setting in the BIOS, where the user can enable or disable its integrated graphics card. In my case, instead, there is no settings in the BIOS and the integrated GPU will function only when my dedicated GPU is unplugged (I tested it removing the dedicated GPU and it works). How can I activate my integrated graphics card while the dedicated is still usable? Is there any way in which I will be able to use both graphics cards?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Sorry to say you cannot. HP Bios are locked. I cannot speak for all manufacturers, but HP desktops are pretty much all this way, gaming rigs or not.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Sorry to say you cannot. HP Bios are locked. I cannot speak for all manufacturers, but HP desktops are pretty much all this way, gaming rigs or not.

HP Recommended

Thank you for your answer.

I had already found answers saying this, but they were old and I was hoping that in the meantime something could have come up to solve this problem.

I think that it is unfair to lock BIOS in this way. I paid for two devices (the two GPUs) that cannot be used in the same way as it would be possible in almost any other desktop computer. And this fact, despite being written in HP product description, surely won't pop up easily when someone is about to buy a desktop computer, as it is not an expected problem to worry about, resulting a little bit in a trap.

Anyway, thank you again for your answer, I'll mark it as a solution.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.