Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
GT12-0240m
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have the Omen GT12-0240m PC that comes with an RTX 3070. My current Bios version shows as 94.04.3A.40.BB. I'm trying to update the BIOS on the graphics card so I can take advantage of the Resizable BAR feature. When I look up the BIOS with my HP omen Model it does not show up. But, when I look up with the Model "OMEN Desktop PC 25L GT12-0000i" it does show up under BIOS # 94.04.25.C0.40 / 94.04.3A.80.1F Rev.A. Would this BIOS version/Update work for my Graphics card? Or would it "Brick"/Damage it?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

hi

see what has been stated here
the version may be different (if I remember correctly)

Solved: Re: Cant install vbios rtx 3080 - HP Support Community - 8093897

Cant install vbios rtx 3080 - Page 2 - HP Support Community - 8066294

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi

I have never come across a HP VBIOS update. I am pretty sure the 3070 would support Resizable Bar out of the box unless HP has instructed the manufacturer to modify the VBIOS.

This is the latest MB BIOS for your PC https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/swdetails/omen-desktop-pc-25l-gt12-0000a/33802656/m... 

No mention of adding this option, Resizable Bar support, in the fixes section. The MB, via a BIOS option to enable this tweak, would have to provide a Resizable Bar enable/disable setting. 

HP Recommended

When resizable bar feature is turned on in MB Bios it does not take effect on the computer. Under properties in Nvidia control panel it shows as OFF. I researched and saw that for it to activate properly the VBIOS of the 3070 needs to be updated. Do you think the VBIOS found on the other OMEN 25L is universal to all 3070 OMEN GPUs?

HP Recommended

hi

see what has been stated here
the version may be different (if I remember correctly)

Solved: Re: Cant install vbios rtx 3080 - HP Support Community - 8093897

Cant install vbios rtx 3080 - Page 2 - HP Support Community - 8066294

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------

please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

Hello! Thank you so much for your response. Yes those are basically the Same VBIOS files I found under the other OMEN Module. Could the VBIOS update Damage my card though? I really don't want to risk damaging my GPU or would it tell me the VBIOS is not compatible with my GPU model?

HP Recommended

I ended up checking the part number of my GPU and it matched the VBIOS posted on the Omen website. VBIOS worked perfectly, Thank you for your help!!

HP Recommended

sorry i was away
so yes, from what I had read from other users, if the file is not the right one, the update should be rejected automatically
Glad your issue is resolved.

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.