cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
The HP Calculator Community Message Board is moving. While we prepare for the move, we are unable to accept new postings. During the move, you can look for help from other users by visiting https://www.hpmuseum.org/ . Or if you need technical support for your calculator visit: HP Calculators. .
Madsmum
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

VR lag HP Omen

HP Recommended
Omen HP obelisk 875-0008
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

My son got valve index vr for Xmas and games keep freezing/lagging.

Memory usage shows around 96% GPU around 60% when he's using it.

Am I correct to assume he can and will need to increase his memory (currently 8gb,) or am I completely on the wrong track?

Also if that's right does anyone have any recommendations?

3 REPLIES 3
The_Fossette
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
29,155 21,824 1,963 2,169
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Madsmum

I reviewed your post and I understand that the games lag when you connect the VR headset.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

Based on your description it looks like the memory is getting utilized completely and that could be causing the issue. However, I recommend you update the BIOS and the graphics driver from the below link and check if it helps.

https://support.hp.com/in-en/drivers

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

P.S: Welcome to the HP Support Community 😊

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

Stay Home – Stay Safe

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Madsmum
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,  thanks for your reply. 

The VR is still having the same issues despite increasing memory. I'm now thinking I will need to upgrade the graphics card but am unsure if the one I am looking at will fit into the pc my son has. I'm looking at the GTX 1080 ti, would you know before i purchase it if it serious fit into the slot and casing and also will that mean i also need to upgrade the power supply? I honestly didn't imagine 12 months ago when I purchased it that it would need all this upgrade so soon, or should it run the valve index fine?

The_Fossette
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
29,155 21,824 1,963 2,169
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Madsmum

I will need the product number for your computer.

Follow the steps in the below article to find the product details.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03754824

Thank you!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation