Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Gaming Desktop 690-0067c
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello everyone, I have done a ton of research but I am not getting anywhere. I would like to know what I can upgrade on this machine. Preferably I would like to upgrade the Graphics Card, CPU, and the PSU (If required). I am aware this is a sunflower Motherboard and the PSU is proprietary.

Current Specs:

Motherboard:  Sunflower

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 1700 Eight-Core 3.00 GHz

Ram: 16 GB

GPU: AMD Radeon RX550/550 Series 4GB GDDR5

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Greetings,

Welcome to the forum.

I am not a HP employee.

You have a HP proprietary 310 Small Form Factor power supply now. You can go to a 400 watt SFF power supply provided by HP (Link). The 400 watt power supply part number is L04618-800.

You can do a Ryzen5-2600 or a Ryzen7-2700 CPU upgrade.

The graphics card upgrade depends on how much room you have in the case. You have to measure to see what you can do.

The motherboard will support a dual slot card. I can't give you a length. You would have to check the length of your motherboard and chassis to see what is supported.

Graphics card upgrade options are dependent on the maximum 400 watt power supply upgrade option.

Regards

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Greetings,

Welcome to the forum.

I am not a HP employee.

You have a HP proprietary 310 Small Form Factor power supply now. You can go to a 400 watt SFF power supply provided by HP (Link). The 400 watt power supply part number is L04618-800.

You can do a Ryzen5-2600 or a Ryzen7-2700 CPU upgrade.

The graphics card upgrade depends on how much room you have in the case. You have to measure to see what you can do.

The motherboard will support a dual slot card. I can't give you a length. You would have to check the length of your motherboard and chassis to see what is supported.

Graphics card upgrade options are dependent on the maximum 400 watt power supply upgrade option.

Regards

HP Recommended

Thank you for the information. So essentially I should be able to put something better than a GTX 1050Ti as long as the demensions and the pins are correct? And it doesnt require power from the PSU?

HP Recommended

Hi Vemodr,

You're very welcome.

The 400 watt HP power supply is the limiting factor.

I don't know if the HP 400 watt PSU has supplemental PCIe connectors.

So you have to be careful when looking at Nvidia graphics cards which may require a six or eight pin PCIe connection.

Regards

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.