Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Example: Pavilion 690
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I just bought this computer on Black Friday sale, got it home only to realize it has a 400 watt power supply. i have a AMD rx 580 8gb card sitting here ready to go in this PC but i can't find a power supply upgrade to buy. The gpu requires a 500 watt psu and would love to know where to buy a upgrade.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Greetings,

Welcome to the forum.

I am not a HP employee.

The latest HP systems are using proprietary MB connections.

You will have to get a HP PSU if your system qualifies.

But you need to provide the full product or model number.

The HP Parts Store or HP Part Surfer would be the place to go. The problems is we need to find the 500 watt HP PSU part number or a different 690 PC with a 500 watt PSU.

I had some PSU part numbers for the new systems but have lost them. Maybe someone else has a 500 watt PSU part number or PC part number having a 500 watt PSU that will work in your new HP.

I have been looking for 690 systems at the HP Store. It seems the 690 uses a 310 watt or a 400 watt PSU.

You may be out of luck on finding a compatible 500 watt PSU for the HP 690 series.

Regards

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.