Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Bought an OMEN 27u 4K Gaming Monitor a few months ago, but now when I started playing Valorant on 4k @ 1440p, It ain't drawing 144 FPS, don't know why. Also, I don't think so is it related to any GPU issue, I have is RTX 3060 and working fine. Is it a monitor bug or something?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

HI Mani,

With the specs you have it seems like your monitor should handle 144 FPS @ 1440p resolution. However, there could be several reasons why 144Hz is not output, even though it is a 144Hz Gaming Monitor.

I found, that the above post has mentioned limitations for such monitors to not draw FPS.

Still, most likely the issue could be either GPU settings which are limiting the refresh rate or your cable that connects the monitor is of the older version.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

HI Mani,

With the specs you have it seems like your monitor should handle 144 FPS @ 1440p resolution. However, there could be several reasons why 144Hz is not output, even though it is a 144Hz Gaming Monitor.

I found, that the above post has mentioned limitations for such monitors to not draw FPS.

Still, most likely the issue could be either GPU settings which are limiting the refresh rate or your cable that connects the monitor is of the older version.

HP Recommended

Many thanks for your fast reply and the link. I missed noticing that I have the Displayport 1.0 (a bit older) cable, with that difficult to reach 144Hz at high resolutions. Here mentioned DP 1.4 or HDMI 2.1 to support 144Hz for higher resolutions which will I buy in the nearest shop and see how it goes. Will Update ASAP..

HP Recommended

As an update, I bought a new DP 1.4 cable and now my monitor is able to output 144 FPS at 1440p resolution smoothly. It was indeed the limitation of the older version cable that was causing the problem. Thanks!

HP Recommended

As expected. You are very welcome.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.