Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

That makes sence, and I will orfer one this weekend and try. I guess i should have dig deeper into the socet classifacation more

HP Recommended

2 (1).jpg

Fit perfect.  Cut boot time from about 45 seconds down to 12 seconds.  

HP Recommended

1 (1).jpg

It was a pain taking out that video card, but really only took me about 15 minutes.  All i needed was a flat head screwdriver.

HP Recommended

Did you have to make any configuration changes in your bios to get your system to boot from the m.2 ssd?  Also, I see were you had stated that you purchased the Samsung 960 EVO, it's been a couple of months  - are you still liking it?

Thanks,

HP Recommended

Still works great. Never had any problems.  I checked the bios, but I don't believe I had to make any changes. 

HP Recommended

Hello

I am getting ready to install the same SSD into my Omen 870-244. I'd assume you migrated win10 onto the ssd. What method did you use to do that? Thanks!

HP Recommended

Hi

You can install Samsung Data Migration software to migrate the OS from the existing HDD or SATA SSD to the 960 EVO or use other disk migration software such as Macrium free edition.

Problems can happen if the source disk volume is greater than the target disk volume.

You can't move 300GB of data from the source disk to a target 250GB 960 EVO.

Tom

HP Recommended
Thanks Tom. Gonna tackle that this weekend.
HP Recommended

Hi northsongs

Good luck.

Things should go well for you.

Tom

HP Recommended

I just bought this same computer and a Samsung EVO 960.  Do I have to migrate the OS to the new ssd? This is my first foray into adding instead of replacing parts, so not sure of all I need to do in order for it to work correctly.

Thanks!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.