Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I purchased a Hp 880-120 a few years ago and im looking at upgrading my ram so the spec on hp website says that it only supports 4 to 8 gigs per slot and up to 32gigs of total ram but the spec on the motherboard ( tampa 2) say it supports 4,8, and 16gigs per slot and can have a total of up to 64 gigs. I would like to upgrade as much as i can i understand i might not need 64gigs but would like to know my full limits.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@josh880120 , welcome to the Community.

This is a bit confusing.  Here is the memory that Crucial Memory recommends for your computer.  If Crucial recommends one of their products it is guaranteed to work or they will replace it at no extra charge to you.  As you will see, their specifications state that the maximum for your motherboard is 64 GB, also.  Their gaming memory is very good.  Crucial is the retail division of Micron.  I would contact their Tech Support to see what they say.

Personally, I feel that 32 GB would be enough to give you a good system performance boost.

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.