Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
875-0080
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hey guys was trying to upgrade my gpu and purchased an asus rog strix 2080 ti only to find out it was to long then bought a evga xc ultra only to find out its to wide i then thought i would get the same brand as the 2070 i have installed only to find out its an offbrand hp one so i was trying to figure out what 2080 ti would fit my case my pc is an hp omen obelisk would love to get a duel fan but would also be ok with a blower any help?

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@lilmeeseeks , welcome to the forum.

Here is a HP Knowledge Base article that will help you determine if a video card will fit into your case: https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Gaming-Knowledge-Base/Upgrade-Video-Card/ta-p/7447100

As I state in the article, you should allow space for good airflow.  The newer video cards create a lot of heat.  Once you measure the space where the card will be installed it should become clear what will fit.  You have to make certain that your PSU has the appropriate supplemental power connectors, also.  Most of the RTX 2080 Ti cards that I reviewed are at least 10.55" in length.  I like MSI cards.

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
HP Recommended

The article you linked isnt working :[

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.