Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Omen by HP 880-107no
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I just upgraded my processor from i5-8400 to i7-9700K and it went without a hitch.
Original cooler can handle barely new processor then it is running at full load.
So you can't even consider overclocking the system.

Question is what might be HP compatible cooler to handle higher heat load?

Noctua's coolers cannot exist with current backplate.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hello @mikkop71 

The 880 series used a rather proprietary cooler system by Asetek. Bottom line is, choose the brand you want (providing the radiator will fit if you want an AiO) and know you will have to remove the motherboard and pry the existing backplate off. Its glued on with strong double sided tape. Just don't mistakenly try to pry the metal plate that's embedded into the board.

Unless you can find a used AiO from a parted out 880 on the web,  I would rather go with a name brand.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.