Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I'm a complete beginner at computers and i want to buy a GTX 750 Ti for better gaming (i know this gpu is a bit old but i don't want to spend alot) I tried to research about it incase it's not compatible or something. Is this gpu compatible with my motherboard 86E9? Or even better does anyone know what gpus are definitely compatible with my motherboard. Would hugely appreciate any replies

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Thank you for the additional information, @lynn488!

This is correct!  You will need a PSU with a 4-pin power connector.  Since I am not familiar with your motherboard, I can't make a recommendation for what you should buy.  It is proprietary and would have to be purchased from HP.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

@lynn488 , welcome to the forum.

What is the full model or product number of the computer? I need this information to review the specifications of it. Please don't furnish the Serial # or other personal information. Here is a guide to help you find it:  https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/bph07555

HP Recommended

Hey, the product model is HP Desktop M01-F0xxx and number is 8UC48EA#ABU thanks 

HP Recommended

Well, it is time for a lesson on computers. 😉  HP hasn't provided much information about the motherboard in your computer.  HP has named it Milton:

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-m01-f0000-desktop-pc-series/29014486/model/32764434/document...

The power supply unit (PSU) is only 180W.  This means it will have to be upgraded, also.  The newer video cards require a minimum of 300W to operate properly.  I need some help from you to decide if it can be upgraded or not.  I need to know what type of power connector is on the motherboard.  This is where the PSU plugs into the motherboard to provide the power.  It will be either a 4-pin proprietary connector or the standard 24-pin connector.  This is where you come into the process.  You will have to open the side panel of the case and let me know which connector is provided.  I believe it will be the 4-pin connector.  If so, this is not good because it is unlikely that you will be able to upgrade the PSU.  Once I have this information, I will be able to tell you if it can be upgraded.

Here is a HP Knowledge Base article that will help you know what you need to consider when upgrading a video card: https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Gaming-Knowledge-Base/Upgrade-Video-Card/ta-p/7447100

HP Recommended

Unfortunately it is the 4 pin connector 😞 does this mean I'll have to find a psu that has a 4 pin connector?

HP Recommended

This is correct!  You will need a PSU with a 4-pin power connector.  Since I am not familiar with your motherboard, I can't make a recommendation for what you should buy.  It is proprietary and would have to be purchased from HP.

HP Recommended

thank you so much for the help I'll try and see if there is a suitable psu from hp! 🙂

HP Recommended

You are welcome, @lynn488!  Glad to help.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.