Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
OMEN by HP 45L Gaming Desktop PC IDS Base Models (ArticunoI)
Microsoft Windows 11

I am clean installing windows 11 and I want to know what the different jumper settings are for. It says FDD/PSWD/BBR when I tried searching online I found out that these are so top secret there are no descriptions or step by step instructions when I leave the jumper off it says that I am in manufacturing mode. can anyone help me please, 

Karl
4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hello @Ivoryninja 

Please send pictures of each jumper.

HP Recommended

IMG_20220812_162910493_HDR_3 (1).jpg

Karl
HP Recommended

For HP service and maintenance purposes only, keep your hands off !

FDO (connect) flash descriptor override

PSWD (connect) xxxxxxxx Guess what ... ?
BBR (connect) boot block recovery

Good luck

HP Recommended

well I already managed to clear the hp sparekey password I set one of the settings reflashed the bios and fdo was updtating firmware or at least it tried I had not downloaded any now I have the jumper completely removed and the pc says its in manufacturing mode but the amazing thing is that now when I run the "winver" command it says the pc is licenced to just me instead of me and hp😃HP makes good computers but should stay is their role ... I operate my system

Karl
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.