Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
hp omen 25l
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

so not long had this pc, but every time i play any kind of game the game crashes, I have performed all updates to make sure everything is up to date. I have also reinstalled my gfx driver to see if that was the issue, according to can you run it site my pc can run all the games I play at recommended settings.

any help or advice would be great. Thank You   

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hello,

Can you please share the unit product number? What are the games you are playing? Regarding the problem, the games are chrashing, any error or they simply exit? Is the unit shutting down or restarting? Since when do you have your PC and what are the CPU and GPU temperatures when you play the games? Are you able to play for several minutes or not even that? During the gaming time check the temperatures, just to see if they are related.

You can also capture even viewer system log and try to attach it here for review, to see if i can see anything related to the problem. Right click on the windows logo, select event viewer, expand windows logs, select system, right click and select save all events as...

Hugo M. Lemos
HP Recommended

hi there here is the product number 9YT63EA#ABU, the games that i play are Call of Duty cold war and also Warzone, i dont get any error messages the games just cut off and i get a black screen and then the pc stops responding. I have had the pc for aprox 3 months, i have reinstalled windows using the hp recovery tools reinstalled both games and all nvidia drivers and i still have the same problem, i have put all settings for gfx to minimum to see if that was the issue but game still crashes 

sorry but how do i attatch the event logs 

HP Recommended

here is a screen shot on my pc temperature during gameplay

gash_uk_0-1628712163627.png

HP Recommended

Hello,

From the picture, your GPU temperature is a bit high, and without running a game. I would suggest the following, please install GPU-Z, this tool has a log feature, you can easily find the txt log, then you run a game in window mode, and check GPU'Z temperature on the sensor tab. When the game crashes. you capture this log and attach it here. 

On the windows search, type msinfo32, this will open the system information file, click in file and select save, then attach the saved file here as well please.

We need to check if the GPU clock, and speeds drop drastically when game exists, or if temperatures are too high, leading the games to crash. Also install CoreTemp and put it next to GPU'Z, its a small tool, to monitor the CPU clock and temperature, we need also to monitor and check what are the CPU temperatures and clock speeds as well, lets try this for now, to analyze what is going on. 

Since the unit is 3 months old, you might eventually need to contact HP Support, lets check what we find.

Hugo M. Lemos
HP Recommended

Thank you for the reply, I have returned the pc to currys pc World for it to be checked over as I have been told by them that there is a good chance it could be a graphics issue as the RTX 2060 should be able to run my games without any issue at all. I will keep you updated 

HP Recommended

Hello there,

Have you returned the product and you got a new one and everything is working fine with it?

Hugo M. Lemos
HP Recommended

Yes I have returned the pc, I won't find out until the 24th of August of what is happening, I was told that the pc should be able to run the games I play as it has the RTX 2060 graphics card and they don't understand why it was crashing. if they can't repair the pc I will get my money back to purchase a different pc and if required put extra money towards new pc. I will keep you informed. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.