Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello, I bought not long ago the RAM patriot viper steel connected to the motherboard in dual-channel mode, the RAM started at the lowest frequencies of 2133mhz, I certainly knew that HP does not have an XMP profile, but this frequency is even lower than the one that came with the 2400 MHz PC when I I'm trying to reach this frequency through intel xtu my pc beeps and does not start, let alone 2666 although this frequency is supported by my processor what to do, because the memory has already been bought and there is no desire to make a return

19 REPLIES 19
HP Recommended

Dear @user488428 

can you please indicate the complete PC model ?

Normally it is very difficult to get 2133 memory and HP then installs 2400 or higher as it is the memory BUS that indicates which frequency is supported.

if you give me the data of your model I can verify this

- if I can help solve your question or issue, please click on ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or click the YES button if my answer was helpful.
HP Recommended

Hello

[start]
This is an automatic response
@user488428 
To find it follow this
for a desktop computer

HP Desktop PCs - How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number? | HP® Customer Support
and for a laptop
HP Notebook PCs - How Do I Find My Product Name or Number? | HP® Customer Support

Give the full name with the product number P / N

this is not a model:
HP Desktop M01-F1xxx
the requested product number must look like this
Product Number: 9EE50AA # ABA
the model corresponding to this number will therefore be
HP Desktop - M01-F1033wb

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

my model is omen 880-113ur

HP Recommended

ok, use frequency 2400. Now what is the part number of the memory you purchased to verify the profiles.

- if I can help solve your question or issue, please click on ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or click the YES button if my answer was helpful.
HP Recommended

patriot viper steel 16gb 4000mhz

HP Recommended

but that memory has a voltage of 1.45 volt, and you have and DDR4-2400 1.2 volt or you have only patriot viper steel 16gb 4000mhz install.

but I am more interested in the number that is on the memory module to see exactly which model you purchased.

you can see Crucial recommendation

https://uk.crucial.com/compatible-upgrade-for/hp---compaq/omen-880-113ur  

HP Recommended

PVS416G400C9K is the number

HP Recommended

I will stay on patriot viper anyway, is there any point in waiting for hp to make bios with xmp support I heard that new omen PCs already have such a function

HP Recommended

well can i replace the motherboard with msi for example?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.