Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
06-28-2020 08:33 AM
After the first instance of inactivity the display goes to sleep properly and then the PC goes to sleep, Tap a key and it wakes up properly. After the next instance of inactivity the display goes to sleep but the PC does not. No way to wake it up, Requires a hard start with the power switch on the tower. core i9 32 gig memory 1TB SSD NVIDIA GeForce RTX2080Ti
07-02-2020 07:51 AM
@CaptainPaine, Welcome to the HP Support Community!
Let us try these steps to resolve this issue:
Firstly, perform Windows Update and HP Support Assistant: ( do not skip any troubleshooting steps if you feel steps are repeating )
To check for updates now, select the Start button, and then go to Settings > Update & security > Windows Update, and select Check for updates.
Install updates from HP Support Assistant: Go to Download HP Support Assistant to install the tool.
- To open the HP Support Assistant, double-click the HP Support Assistant icon .
- Click My devices in the top menu, and then click Updates in the My PC or My notebook pane.
- Click Check for updates and messages to scan for new updates.
- Review the list of updates. Updates with a yellow information icon are recommended. Updates with a blue information icon are optional.
- Click the update name for a description, version number, and file size.
- Select the box next to any updates you want to install, and then click Download and install.
And, also run BIOS Update: Follow steps from the link: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c00042629
Hope this helps! Keep me posted.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
Have a great day!
I am an HP Employee
Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask the community