Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dom-Dom
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

will changing the computer case void warranty?

HP Omen 870-2xx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello, 

I have a question and couldn't find on the community, Can I replace/Change the case of my computer. I'm not a big fan of the RGB case and I like full metal cases. I have added my own components (SSD, HDD(s)). 

Thank you,

Dom-Dom

3 REPLIES 3
Level 15
Level 15
11,083 10,894 1,121 3,234
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello @Dom-Dom 

We cant officially speak for warranty as we on the forum and not employees. But I can give you my opinion base on experience.

Adding your own drives have already voided the warranty. You would have to reinstall the original drives before getting warranty service. And changing the case is a no brainer, yes it will void your warranty.

0 Kudos
Dom-Dom
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I never removed the original drive. I added an SSD and a 500GB HHD just for games, Files, Videos, Ect. And from what I saw it shouldn't void it. But they would not cover it if damaged. 

Thanks,

Dom-Dom

0 Kudos
Level 15
Level 15
11,083 10,894 1,121 3,234
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Yes that is correct. You would still want to remove them before sending it in. If something happened that they had to replace the laptop, you would not get the drives back.

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation