Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
OMEN 15
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I own a HP OMEN 15 equipped with i5 and GTX 1650. Initially after buying the laptop the gaming sessions were cool and smooth. Now the temperature is crossing 95 degree Celsius and CPU usage remains 100%. This happens only while gaming. I believe this happened after windows update(20H2). Any solutions for this?

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

Did you look into the Task Manager to see if any services were also running while gaming that were eating up a lot of resources?

Click the CPU column to make the percentages all show highest to lowest so you can view them easily.

If you cannot find what Service is eating up the resources, you ultimately might have to roll back the upgrade, till a fix comes out. Its not the first time an MS upgrade broke something.

HP Recommended

I did check the task manager and the game is only thing that eats up the CPU. I have also tried with other games and the result remains same. 

The sad part is I cant revert to previous windows version.

HP Recommended

Do you want to reinstall Windows 1909 and skip upgrading to 20H2 for the time being? Let me know.

HP Recommended

Yeah, I know that this isn't part of the discussion. But I can't update the audio driver because of the Windows 10 update, since the ones HP had provided can't work with the current Windows 10 version. I had been told by the Microsoft community to ask HP to get the ones that does work. And I have yet, to receive a confirmation about the audio driver update. The most common solutions doesn't work, since Microsoft had reconstructed Windows again. But I may end up trying them anyways.

HP Recommended

All my systems are not experiencing any issues with the 20H2 update.

Its up to HP to update their drivers so I cant help with that.

But as I was asking the OP, if you want to simply reinstall 1909 but dont have the ISO, let me know.

HP Recommended

Even with the auto installation of the drivers? But sadly I have the short end of the stick when it comes with audio driver on my gaming laptop. And I doubt that I can find any vendors for this specific driver that I can be able to brute force installation like Intel drivers. It isn't that big of a deal to reinstall windows over one audio driver that Microsoft had completely changed windows so that manufacturers have to remake their drivers.

HP Recommended

I was offering since I didn't know if your what ever audio software was failing due to the upgrade. This would get you up and running. If you do want the ISO, you  cannot simply get it from Microsoft unless you have a membership to the Insiders.

If you needed it, I can give you my link.

HP Recommended

I need further info on that.

HP Recommended

@fasilend wrote:

I need further info on that.

I don't know how to answer that. Please explain in better detail in what way you need further info on.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.