cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Leukael
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

17t Omen Resolution/Refresh Issue

HP Recommended
HP Omen 17T
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I just got a 17t Omen and the resolution and refresh rate are far lower than what I thought they would be.  Then I tried to adjust the settings in windows and it is saying the changes are not available.  Also the refresh rate of 144hz is not even on the list to adjust to.  Any ideas?

2 REPLIES 2
Verwyn
5 4 0 0
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi Leukael,

Looking at the specs for the OMEN 17t, shows that the resolution should be 1920 x 1080p with the refresh rate at 120hz. You can check to make sure of the exact specifications of your laptop by right clicking on the desktop > Display Settings > Advanced Display Settings and then it should tell you the maximum resolution and refresh rate of your screen.

If it's still showing a lower refresh rate than 120hz, then you might want to try updating the graphics card driver by using the NVIDIA GeForce Experience app. With the GeForce Experience window open, choose the Drivers tab at the top and hit "check for updates." If an update is available it'll be displayed below with a button to install.

Also, if your computer is showing that you have 120hz refresh rate but you are still noticing lower refresh rates when you are playing games, keep in mind that some games actually limit the refresh rate (for example to 60hz) regardless of your screens cababilities. 

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Leukael
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

It came without the video card drivers installed for some reason heh.  It is working now, but it is still a bit touchy sometimes and I'll get a black screen (backlights are still on.)  I am a little concerned there's a further issue, but I am going to give it a day or two to see if it gets better now that the driver has been updated/installed.

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation