Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Hp-15-Dc1088nr
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

okay so I've seen posts about overheating but haven't really found a solution. HP claims on their product page "play from anywhere - without sacrificing performance"(link:  https://store.hp.com/us/en/pdp/omen-by-hp-15-dc1088nr), I don't understand how this would be possible, I'm running Battlefront 2 on medium settings yet my CPU constantly thermal throttles since the temp of the CPU exceeds 95 degrees celsius, it's supposed to be able to easily run the game on high (Link: https://www.game-debate.com/low-vs-ultra-graphics-settings/23892-star-wars-battlefront-2/4051-geforc...) .

HP is lying about the products due to following reasons:

A) lose performance due to thermal throttling

B)have to undervolt the CPU which still causes you to lose performance.

Either way what they're claiming isn't achievable, i'm sitting in a freezing basement with a coat on, have attempted using a cooling pad(made it worse) and attempted raising the laptop using wooden blocks under each corner( no noticeable difference). I've sent it in for repairs and got everything replaced cooling wise, link shows image of customer repair receipt (Link:  https://drive.google.com/file/d/1UlKdJhxUQk_lcdZsKGIa7AlSdikeoubt/view?usp=sharing ). yet the laptop still can't handle what it's designed for. I've owned HP OMEN 15-dc0010CA and the HP OMEN17-AN130CA before they gave me this one(hp-15-dc1088nr) due to all the heating issues and they still occur, my question is why HP and why are you stating that your laptop is "PC Grade Performance" while my $200 PC with 16GB ddr 3, IntelI5-4590 and an AMD power dragon rx560(overclocked) can easily handle High on BattleFront 2 better than this laptop despite the fact that it's a mid-tear/ entry level gaming pc and why does HP use the same heatsink for the I7-9750H as the I7-7700HQ while the Hp omen with an I7-7700HQ can barely handle the temp as is. surely you must have realized that a CPU that preforms 26-28% better & turbo boosted at 4.1GHz would clearly create more heat right?

I'm planning about making a series on this on my youtube channel: www.youtube.com/c/tech4life

I just want to know the reasoning to why HP can't properly build a laptop also I'm not sure what you guys do for "preformed extensive testing" because the second I received my laptop back I stressed the CPU with 3DMark and it overheated so quickly that I'd be able to fry eggs faster on my CPU than my stove.( Video evidence:  https://drive.google.com/file/d/1kXp1tsWFsMgPTxFW63xHDTR9cLHZE3bB/view?usp=sharing).

also if you fellow hp owners are going to suggest liquid metal please don't, the laptop is supposed to come ready out of the box for gaming at qualities that it's designed for, their shouldn't be need for customization due to heating issues.

next time HP, please label the box with "Warning - This laptop will hit high temps and potentially overheat in attempt to run what it's designed for however it will not ever reach such performance due to the bad design and poor build quality of our builds -HP"

HP I WOULD LOVE AN ANSWER FOR THIS.

Sincerely,  Tech 4 Life

***Update Jan,4, 2020*** I received a brand new replacement from HP(hp-15-dc1088nr) with the exact specifications as the one I currently own, ran 3dMark on both laptops, Both laptops overheated 94-100+ degrees C, Can't run battlefront 2 on medium even though the laptop should be able to handle high, if I wanted to run it on medium I would have bought a laptop with a gtx 1050ti. I really need an answer to why these laptops come broken brand new HP I don't want a 5th replacement I want a laptop that works

***Update Jan 6, 2020*** I realized that my laptops (hp-15-dc1088nr) both can barely run what they're actually supposed to handle check video where  omens overheat attempting to run Battlefront 2 and constantly lag and drops frames( Link: 

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hey there!

I am having similar issues, although I have not gone through as my laptops (just the one).

My biggest complaint is that I cannot play games for extended periods of time at high settings. I have been playing through Gears 4 and 5 of late and if I do not go to Nvidia Geforce Experience and activate the Whisper mode that caps the frame rate to 40 FPS, my laptop screen turns to black and I have to hold the power button to restart. I have tried changing the Whisper mode to cap at 60 FPS, but that doesn't change anything.

This really sucks because I want to use my Laptops high refresh rate G-Sync screen to its fullest but obviously can't do this.

I have also bought a cooling pad to try and lower temps but this does nothing. I have recently bought a tube of CPU thermal paste to try and alleviate the problem but have yet to apply it.

HP, please can you help us out with these over heating problems???

Thanks

HP Recommended

COdeJBDA you shouldn't have to buy thermal paste, it should come ready out of the box, that's like selling a car without liquid coolant or with poor liquid coolant in this case. also their claim "play from anywhere - without sacrificing performance" isn't possible. it's best if you invest into a pc(build one yourself like I did) a gaming laptop usually only lasts a year, after a year the frames drop big time and the laptop will become useless.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.