Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP Pavillion cb0xx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello! 

First time poster here. I have an HP Pavillion cb0xx and it's been doing great so far, until this problem occured. I had to switch my old AC Adapter due to wiring peoblems. I went ahead and bought another adapter, 250W, 7.7a output as the system requires. 

It's performance has been cut in half ever since. Running WoW or Overwatch on battery goes great, with 60+ fps. Meanwhile, plugged in drops to 10-25 with ocurring frame spikes. Turning down the graphics settings does absolutely nothing. It will run the same fps problem egen with graphics turned up or down. 

Before you tell me, I have updated BIOS, nvidia drivers, windows drivers, uninstalled bloatware and set the power plan settings just right. Those settings did not save performance while plugged in. I even bought a cooling pad for it but to no avail. Please feel free to ask me anything, as I want to do anything to fix it. 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Dreadhoof wrote:

.... I went ahead and bought another adapter, 250W, 7.7a output as the system requires. 

@Dreadhoof 

What EXACTLY the model/product of your HP Pavillion cb0xx  ? Please use the following way to find out

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c00033108

What is PART # of your another adapter, 250W, 7.7a output ? Are you sure you bought the right as the system requires.  ?

I believe this is some sorts of compatible problem.

Regards,

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.