Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Hp Omen 15
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I was going well with mine Hp omen 15 ek00018tx.One day due to some  issues I got managed to arrange display replacement.

But when after the engineers replaced my laptop with other display it started backlight bleeding problems. 

As You say in community I looked for this issue in bios also it still persists so please look into it.

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

@Arjunsing38

I reviewed your post and I understand that you are facing a display bleed issue after replacing the display.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

It looks like a hardware issue.  I recommend you contact the support team and they will assist you with the available service options for your computer.

Here is how you can get in touch with support.

1)Click on this link – www.hp.com/contacthp/

2)Select the product type.

3)Enter the serial number of your device or select let HP detect your product option.

4)Select the country from the drop-down.

5)You should see the HP phone support number or Chat option listed.

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

P.S: Welcome to the HP Support Community 😊

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

Stay Home – Stay Safe

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello thanks for looking into my problem.

But I don't know how much display bleeding is normal for lcd display .

I told Hp about issue they again replaced display, But again from other corner display bleeding started.

HP Recommended

If you feel there is excessive backlight bleeding then you need to inform HP Support in your region

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

How to know if its is excessive bleeding .

I notice it on every boot time dark screen.

HP Recommended

Screen or display backlight bleed is a hardware defect. Unfortunately HP is selling most of its laptops with these garbage displays nowadays. You should contact customer support and request a replacement.

There is no possibility to fix this issue by yourself. Repair is almost impossible, so this screen will have to be thrown away.

The problem is, when you get the screen replaced, it is very likely your replacement will have the same or similar issues!

I bought 2 identical HP ProBooks x360 435 G8 in March 2021. Same problem on both laptops. Just look at the pictures. HP displays are poor, poor, poor, poor quality. The displays are 13.3 inch, IPS, 1080p, 250nit. Terrible displays.

01.jpg02.jpg03.jpg

So back to your question. What is the solution? Well, most likely return the HP, get your money back and buy a laptop with a good display. Maybe Dell, or Macbook. Avoid HP. There were good quality some years ago. Today, the displays and customer service are terrible.

HP Recommended

@Kluskiewicz  as you said get replacement but will hp approve my replacement ?

Because I don't know how many days replacement  period is!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.