Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Hp omen 15 Ax-014nf
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

So I have a hp omen 15  2016 laptop pc with a 4gb 2133mhz ram bar and I am going to buy another 8gb 2400 ram bar, is there a problem when they are different in speed and capacity and this will affect on performance??

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Anytime.

Yes, you should have better performance on W10 with 12 GB of memory--even running in single channel mode.

Nowadays you need at least 8 GB of memory to have W10 run efficiently.

This would be a compatible 8 GB memory chip for your notebook...

Crucial RAM CT8G4SFS824A 8Go DDR4 2400 MHz CL17 Mémoire d’ordinateur Portable: Crucial: Amazon.fr: I...

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
HP Recommended

Hi:

The DDR4-2400 memory module will be fine, and will automatically bridge to 2133 MHz.

HP Recommended

Thanx for replying , but there is difference in capacity , if that's correct most people told.me.that i will not having a dual canal ?? Is that's true?? And how will effect im gaming?

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

You won't have dual channel with a 4 GB + an 8 GB memory chip.   You will have 12 GB running in single channel mode, like the 4 GB is now.

In order for the memory to run in the higher performing dual channel mode, the memory has to be installed in matched capacities (2 x 4 GB, 2 x 8 GB) for example.

HP Recommended

Thanks  so much for replying .Ok thats why then become more slower when i installed windows 10 cuz it have one canal ?? If thats so  will it improve when I add it 8 gb bar?

HP Recommended

Anytime.

Yes, you should have better performance on W10 with 12 GB of memory--even running in single channel mode.

Nowadays you need at least 8 GB of memory to have W10 run efficiently.

This would be a compatible 8 GB memory chip for your notebook...

Crucial RAM CT8G4SFS824A 8Go DDR4 2400 MHz CL17 Mémoire d’ordinateur Portable: Crucial: Amazon.fr: I...

HP Recommended

Thanx again for repling. I have this ( DDR4 SAMSUNG 8go PC4-2400T-SA1-11) is it compatible?

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

It will probably work, but I don't know for sure.

All you can do is to give it a try and see what happens.

HP Recommended

Thank you so much  I will give it to try and will let you know. Have a nice day

HP Recommended

Anytime.

You have a nice day too!

Unfortunately, I can't find a link to the service manual right now because HP has a major issue with those.

None of the links work and many of the service manuals are missing from the support pages.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.