Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Unknown
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Any time I play video games and charge my Pavilion for about 15 minutes it starts to over heat to the point where it can burn your hand if you touch the Ac Adapter model TPN-DA09 for about 2 seconds. Does anyone know or think they know the reason this happens also it show I have the HP Pavilion Gaming model 16-a0xxx but it has a 10th Gen intel CORE i5 and I’m confused isn’t the model 16-a0xx supposed to have a intel CORE i7

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

@BL241

Welcome to the HP Support Community!

I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

In order that I may provide you with an accurate solution, I will need the product number of your computer.

Follow the steps in the below article to find the product details.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03754824

Look forward to hearing from you and you have a great day!

Take care.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I am having the exact same issue

17-cd1020nr

HP Recommended

HI@BL241,meand13others

Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

• Have you tried with a different Ac adapter?
  • Does it happen only while playing games or even while watching videos?
  • Have you tried disconnecting and reconnecting the Ac adapter?

Also, Uninstall the graphics driver from the device manager and install the latest drivers and BIOS from the links below.

Link to update the BIOS.

Also, update the graphics driver using this link.

You can try updating the drivers on your PC using an HP support assistant.

Refer to this article to know more information about using HP support assistants.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solutio

HP Recommended

No I didn't try a different ac adapter...I used the one that came with the laptop

It heated up while I was just surfing the internet

Yes I tried unplugging it

And my results were that the ac adapter got so hot that I was worried it would cause a fire, so I returned the product

HP Recommended

@meand13others

We have done the basic troubleshooting as per the document and the notebook needs to check to get to know its hardware is faulty, not a software issue.

I'd suggest you contact HP in your region regarding the service options for your computer or HP Chat Support Team.

If you are having trouble navigating through the above options, it's most likely because the device is out of warranty. If yes? please send me a private message with the region you are contacting us from. Check next to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it.   

Have a great day!  

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. 

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping! 

HP Recommended

A brand new laptop, out of the box shouldn't have an ac adapter that gets so hot it could easily burn skin or whatever else it gets in contact with.

I returned the laptop

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.