Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP OMEN 15-en0013dx Ryzen 7 4800H GTX 1660
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

UEFI Diagnostics says: Adaptive Battery Optimization: Enabled/Not Activated

According to documentation, this is one of three status' available, the others being disabled/not activated and enabled/activated. Last night, I drained the battery out down to 7% until Windows Hibernated. Overnight it charged back up. I was hoping one discharge would allow for battery calibration. This morning, went to check that diags, the status remains enabled/not activated and the battery is charged fully up to 100%.

The question is at what point will the system have enough information to become 'enabled/activated?'

1. Is it a matter of hours used which would be 'usage'

2. Is it a matter of cycles (documentation shows no cycles in picture)

3. Something else.

Bios Screen Here 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@RacingSquirrel

I do not have access to the information that is shared by the support team. However, as they do have the option to take remote of your computer they will be able to assist you better in this regard.

Thanks!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

@RacingSquirrel

I reviewed your post and I understand that you want to activate the battery optimizer.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

I recommend you follow the below steps.

1. Start or restart the computer.
  2. Press F10 to enter HP Computer Setup (F10 setup).
  3. Select Configuration.
  4. Change the status to Enabled or Disabled as desired.
  5. Save the change and Exit.

Determine if protective measures have been activated:

1. Start or restart the computer.
  2. Immediately press Esc to access the startup menu.
  3. Press F2 to start HP PC Diagnostics UEFI.
  4. Select Power > Battery.
  5. Select Run Once.
  6. Once the test completes, select Battery Details.
  7. Check the Adaptive Battery Optimizer status. Three possible statuses are:

• Enabled/Not Activated: the feature is ON, but no protective measures are active.

• Enabled/Activated: the feature is ON, and protective measures are active due to battery temperature, battery charging status, or usage patterns.

• Disabled/Not Activated: the feature is OFF, and no protective measures are active.

Figure 1. Sample test result, showing Adaptive Battery Optimizer

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

P.S: Welcome to the HP Support Community 😊

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

Stay Home – Stay Safe

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

The status shows up as Enabled/Not Activated

HPOmen15 Small.jpg

HP Recommended

@RacingSquirrel

It will show Enabled/Activated only when the Adaptive Battery Optimizer detects certain conditions and protective measures are activated to minimize premature battery wear.

NOTE: The battery is working fine on the computer so you are seeing Enabled/Not Activated

I hope that answers your question.

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

Stay Home – Stay Safe

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

The good news is that HP Support is active and responsive, thank you.

When I saw my battery had charged to full instead of a preset percentage, I contacted HP Support via chat. HP Support 'remoted' into take control of my desktop. I already had, but they reflashed my BIOS, updated drivers, checked the battery status, checked with co-workers, and then told me that this model does not have Adaptive Battery Optimizer.

I showed them these two screens from the HP Windows UEFI DX.

Initially the DX screen showed Primary_ChargeControl: Not Supported
On a reboot, the DX screen shows: Primary_ChargeControl: Failed
The online technician ran a battery test which showed the battery status itself as GOOD.

There is seemingly conflicting information and I am unclear as to what the diagnostics are actually indicating. I do know that on other laptops I own, Dell XPS and Microsoft Surface, when the battery optimizer is used it limits charge at a user set or preset level respectively.

Battery Check 1.jpgBattery Check 2.jpg

HP Knowledge Base Article states, Product Documentation states 'HP Gaming Laptops - Introducing Adaptive Battery Optimizer, Designed to Prolong Battery Lifespan... Adaptive Battery Optimizer technology is initially enabled on the following HP computers and further implemented on computers having new chassis design starting 2020.' This model has a new chassis design, different keyboard deck and double hinge versus the single from prior year. The User Manual printed online does not have a mention of this technology. It could very well be that marketing plans and the product are different.

HP Recommended

@RacingSquirrel

HP manufacturers a lot of models in the same series and each model will have different features. However, I recommend you contact support and they will be able to better assist you in this regard.

Here is how you can get in touch with support.

1)Click on this link – www.hp.com/contacthp/

2)Select the product type.

3)Enter the serial number of your device or select let HP detect your product option.

4)Select the country from the drop-down.

5)You should see the HP phone support number or Chat option listed.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

HP Support is commended for continuing to follow the issue.

Your last post references many models and online support. The model number is explicitly listed in the OP. Further, the reply details HP online support response; for an hour, they remotely took over the machine, updated firmware, updated drivers, and then after some silent time replied that this model does not have the feature. If this information was documented and accessible, there would have been a different response.

HP Recommended

@RacingSquirrel

I do not have access to the information that is shared by the support team. However, as they do have the option to take remote of your computer they will be able to assist you better in this regard.

Thanks!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.