Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP Pavillion 15 ec1001na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, 

I've recently purchased a HP Pavillion 15 ec1001na Gaming notebook which has so far been excellent and performed better than expected.

As the notebook only comes with a pre-installed 256mb SDD, do you know if me adding an additional 2.5inch HDD  to the spare bay would cause any issues with my warranty?, I've tried looking at the warranty information but struggling to find anything that relates to adding HDD's or upgrading RAM. I believe usually this isn't a problem but just wanted to double check before doing anything.

Thanks in advance

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@KittDJW 

Warranty is a grey/gray area very hard to say in concrete. For new generation machines adding something is a work for Authorized Service Provider parts . You can add yourself. If something went wrong due to this upgrade, I think HP would not honor warranty.

Hope this makes sense.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

thanks buddy, 

So frustrating as I've built lots of pc's before, this is the first time in a long time I've brought a pc and hoped things would be easy to understand. Appreciate your reply! thank you.

hopefully someone from HP clears things up bit as it's only a HDD and/or ram upgrade 🙂

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.