Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Gaming
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

I just bought the latest HP Pavilion 16" Gaming with 512 GB. It's the i5 10300 H with GTX1660 TI Max Q. I want to add more storage. What SD card is best and how much more storage can it hold in system? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Thanks. I was hoping to find detailed info on that product but its still rather new and not much is available.

That series does also come with a slot for a 2.5 inch HDD. But the required bracket and cable is not sold separately.

If you are good with DIY, you could open the case and see for yourself if the bracket and sata cable are there. If they are, you are in luck and can install a 2.5 inch (7mm thick) HDD or Sata SSD.

Looks like this...

HP 16in with harddrive.JPG

Assembly line up... https://support.hp.com/bg-en/document/c06679859

Otherwise, any current SD card will work in the SD slot. Capacity should not matter.

I use Sandisk mostly. What ever you can afford is the best card to have.

This document from Sandisk explains what the various ratings mean on the cards.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@MrShieldz  What is the Product number of your Pavilion?

Press Control/Alt/S together for the information menu in windows and give me the Product number.

It might take a few seconds for the window to open.

Or

open the HP Support Assistant.

HP Recommended

Here you go

Product number

2C387UA#ABA

HP Recommended

Thanks. I was hoping to find detailed info on that product but its still rather new and not much is available.

That series does also come with a slot for a 2.5 inch HDD. But the required bracket and cable is not sold separately.

If you are good with DIY, you could open the case and see for yourself if the bracket and sata cable are there. If they are, you are in luck and can install a 2.5 inch (7mm thick) HDD or Sata SSD.

Looks like this...

HP 16in with harddrive.JPG

Assembly line up... https://support.hp.com/bg-en/document/c06679859

Otherwise, any current SD card will work in the SD slot. Capacity should not matter.

I use Sandisk mostly. What ever you can afford is the best card to have.

This document from Sandisk explains what the various ratings mean on the cards.

HP Recommended

Thank you. Yes it is a new model. I will do some research into the info you gave. I appreciate the help. Have a great weekend!

HP Recommended

Your are most welcome. If you find this info useful, do come back and let us know how it goes.

Also help me and mark this info as Solved to finalize the thread.

Thanks.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.