Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
01-31-2021 05:38 AM
Product: HP Omen 15 (2017)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
I replaced my old screen for a new one for its better colors, brightness levels, and refresh rate. Everything works well (even the refresh rate from 60hz to 120hz) but I lost brightness controls. I tried updating the BIOS but it didn't do anything.
Anyone can give me an idea on how to get my brightness controls back? Thanks!
1 REPLY 1
02-03-2021 01:43 PM
Thank you for posting on HP Support Community.
Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, I have a few troubleshooting steps we could try to fix the issue:
Firstly, perform Windows Update and HP Support Assistant: (do not skip any troubleshooting steps if you feel steps are repeating)
To check for updates now, select the Start button, and then go to Settings > Update & security > Windows Update, and select Check for updates.
Install updates from HP Support Assistant: Go to Download HP Support Assistant to install the tool.
- To open HP Support Assistant, double-click the HP Support Assistant icon .
- Click My devices in the top menu, and then click Updates in the My PC or My notebook pane.
- Click Check for updates and messages to scan for new updates.
- Review the list of updates. Updates with a yellow information icon are recommended. Updates with a blue information icon are optional.
- Click the update name for a description, version number, and file size.
- Select the box next to any updates you want to install, and then click Download and install.
Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
I am an HP Employee
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community.
If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask the community