Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
OMEN by HP - 15-ce019dx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Edit: I'm not sure what model computer I have when I do a serial number lookup it says I have an OMEN by HP - 15-ce019dx . However, for the product name, it says OMEN by HP Laptop 15-ce0xx (when I press fn + esc)

So after I attempted to update to the newest windows version my audio was not working. The installation went fine and there were no errors. However, the two main things I noticed right of the bat are that my tv (connected via HDMI) and audio (built-in speakers and headphone jack) were not working. I'm pretty sure these problems were caused by the update because the version I am on now is working fine. However, when I click on the audio icon on the taskbar the audio device doesn't show Realtek audio like it normally does and I can't change it so I'm assuming its the only device. I did some research and found that sometimes after a windows update, what I'm experiencing can happen. I contacted Microsoft support and they said to go to the HP website and download the correct driver which I did. However, after I installed it using the HP app everything went smoothly till the end when it said no driver was in this package or something like that. Please help I haven't been able to update in at least 6 months and no solutions have worked.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@William_ , welcome to the forum.

As you stated, this is a fairly common occurrence with Win 10 updates.  I have had it happen several times.

Here is the latest Driver for your audio:  https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/swdetails/omen-by-hp-15-ce000-laptop-pc-series/1555...

It states in "Fixes" that it "Provides support for systems upgraded to Windows 10 v1809".  Install it to see if it helps solve your problem.  I suggest that you go into the Device Manager and uninstall the current driver to make certain that there are no conflicts with the drivers.

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@William_ , welcome to the forum.

As you stated, this is a fairly common occurrence with Win 10 updates.  I have had it happen several times.

Here is the latest Driver for your audio:  https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/swdetails/omen-by-hp-15-ce000-laptop-pc-series/1555...

It states in "Fixes" that it "Provides support for systems upgraded to Windows 10 v1809".  Install it to see if it helps solve your problem.  I suggest that you go into the Device Manager and uninstall the current driver to make certain that there are no conflicts with the drivers.

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.