Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Omen by HP 15 - ax250tx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Omen by HP 15-ax250tx laptop purchased less than 3 years ago.  For last few months (can't recall exactly since when), I have been facing the issue of blue screen.  Whenever I play any game (Minecraft, CS:GO), the system crashes and a Blue Screen appears.  Initially, it used to happen rarely but it's frequency has suddenly increased now.  It's now also happening when I manually run a

Macwarebyte scan.  The system had come with McAfee antivirus pre-installed but at last renewal date, I changed to Malwarebyte Premium.  Could that be the cause.  Or, could Zoom or Skype be the cause which I installed in last 3/4 months.  I had also installed the latest update of Windows 10 recently but that I have removed and the problem still continues.  Or could it be problem with RAM or Graphics card or some other hardware.  I downloaded and ran the HP PC Hardware Diagnostic tool - both fast and extended tests - but it is not showing any hardware issue, except battery test where it shows battery as "very weak".  Can a weak battery lead to BSOD even if I am always using the laptop with main power supply only?  HP service center asks for Laptop to be submitted for 3/4 days just to diagnose the problem and a process that will take almost 15 days, apart from exorbitant cost, for resolution of the problem.  Can someone please help.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Vijain_59 Welcome to HP Community!

I understand that you are getting BSOD while playing the games.

Is it happening with a particular game or all games?

I understand the computer gets a blue screen error, However, since you haven’t captured the error code or message, 

I would request you to follow the below steps to capture and reply back with the error message/code to identify the issue and find a permanent fix: 

• In Windows, search for and open View advanced system settings. 

• In the Advanced tab, under Startup and Recovery, click Settings. 

• Under System Failure, remove the check mark next to automatically restart, and then click OK. 

• Restart the computer to apply the change. 

• The computer no longer restarts automatically when a blue screen error occurs. 

For more details: click here 

​​Please reply back with the error code as the issue is code specific and it would be rather easier to provide an accurate solution using the same. 

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.