Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
HP Recommended
Pavilion
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

BSoD….this has happened for years and I’m tired of having to take it to Best Buy to get it fixed…no warranty…how can I fix it on my own? Why is there not a simple factory reset option? Why is my entire OS getting corrupted?! I literally just use this computer for school right now. It’s finals week and of course this happened today. 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@KokerHernandez

Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

Don't worry, as I'll be glad to help. Typically, BSODs result from driver software or issues with hardware. To provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details:

• Did you make any changes to the settings of your PC prior to the issue?
  • Have you made any hardware/software changes?
  • What is the product number of your device? Use this link to find it: http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03754824

First, figure out if you took any actions before the BSOD occurred. Did you install a new program, update a driver, or initiate other software changes? If you did any of these things, that may be what caused the BSOD. 

Start your PC using the Last Known Good Configuration:

1. Turn off the computer and wait at least 5 seconds.

2. Turn on the computer and repeatedly press the F11 key, about once every second, until you see the Windows loading screen.

3. If a language selection screen opens, select the language you want to use to continue.

4. On the Choose your keyboard layout screen, select the keyboard layout that matches your keyboard type.

5. On the Choose an option screen, click Troubleshoot.

6. Click Advanced Options, and then click System Restore.
    NOTE: Depending on your settings, you might need to select an account and enter your login information.

7. Click Next.

8. Select a Restore Point, and then click Next.

9. Click Finish to restore your computer to a previous point.

10. Click Yes in the caution that displays.
    CAUTION: Do not interrupt System Restore when it starts.

11. When System Restore is complete, the computer restarts.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.