Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP Laptop PC 15s-fq2000 (2D119AV)
Microsoft Windows 11

Hello, i just bought a new hp 15,6" laptop, the model is DY2795WM i want to take a good care of it and i was looking for information about the battery, since the first time I turned it on it only lasted about 2 hours, but after updating and configuring it it increased to about 5 hours.

The issue is that I will use it a lot at the desk and some days I will take it to university, so I wanted to know if I can use it connected when I am at home, I found a comment that said this, is it true?:

"once a battery is 100% , the charger port will rout the incoming power directly to the power supply of the laptop bypassing the battery. Analogous to using a laptop without a battery while connected to power source."

If it is, I would feel more at ease about damaging the battery, and I had also planned to limit the maximum charge from it at bios to 85%.

The only problem I had is that the battery indicator goes from 100 to 94% but for now everything is working fine, I await your answers, thank you very much

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

Yes, that is pretty much correct, but I don't believe that your notebook has the option to limit the charge to 80%. - 85%.

If it does, great.

Your notebook may have the HP battery optimizer setting in the BIOS.

See this link for how to get the most life out of your notebook's battery.

PC portátiles HP y Chromebooks - Cómo mejorar el rendimiento de la batería | Soporte al cliente de H...

One bit of information I will offer and that would be to not leave the battery plugged into A/C power 100% of the time, 24/7.

That may potentially lead to battery swelling if the battery is in a constant 100% charge level.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi:

Yes, that is pretty much correct, but I don't believe that your notebook has the option to limit the charge to 80%. - 85%.

If it does, great.

Your notebook may have the HP battery optimizer setting in the BIOS.

See this link for how to get the most life out of your notebook's battery.

PC portátiles HP y Chromebooks - Cómo mejorar el rendimiento de la batería | Soporte al cliente de H...

One bit of information I will offer and that would be to not leave the battery plugged into A/C power 100% of the time, 24/7.

That may potentially lead to battery swelling if the battery is in a constant 100% charge level.

HP Recommended

Thank you so much! If I have the possibility of limiting it to 80, I will only leave it plugged in for the time I use it and then disconnect it, I suppose it will not exceed 80% charge, thank you again have a good day!.

HP Recommended

You're very welcome. 

You have a good day too!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.