Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
10-19-2021 12:11 AM - edited 10-19-2021 12:16 AM
Does HP have any feature to limit battery charge percent o 80 for Pavilion gaming EC200x models.
I mean its a basic feature to have in a gaming laptop, If there is a feature plz tell me how to activate it
10-28-2021 08:24 AM
Welcome to the HP Support Community!
I understand that you have an HP Notebook and the battery charges till 80% and then stops. You've done a remarkable job performing the steps.
Did any software changes or updates happen on your laptop after which the battery stopped charging at 80%?
While you respond to that, I recommend you to perform the following steps to isolate the issue and arrive at a fix:
NOTE: You may skip any steps that have been performed by you already.
- Power off the laptop.
- Remove the battery out. If the battery is integrated and does not have a latch to release it then leave the battery inside the laptop.
- Disconnected AC adapter from the laptop.
- Press and hold the power button for 15 seconds.
- Reconnect the battery and plug the AC adapter.
- Power ON the laptop.
Now let us uninstall the battery drivers and reinstall them. The following steps will help:
- Open the device manager.
- Expand "Batteries". Right click on the ACPI battery drivers and select uninstall. If there are multiple entries of the ACPI battery drivers then uninstall them all.
- Close the device manager.Restart the laptop.
- The Windows operating system will reinstall the battery drivers while restarting.
It is a good idea to download and run a BIOS update for your laptop via this link. The charger must be connected until the BIOS update is complete to avoid any power interruptions due to battery draining out.
Post a successful BIOS update, you may check if the battery charges fully. If not then please perform the steps as described in detail in this HP document. These steps help in testing and calibrating the battery.
NOTE: Please skip the steps mentioned in "Test and calibrate the battery using HP Support Assistant".
I sincerely hope this fixes the issue. Keep me posted.
Hope this helps! Keep me posted.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Have a great day!
Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask the community