2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Battery problems

HP Recommended
hp omen intel core i7 8th gen - 2018
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

I am an architecture student and I bought Hp omen gaming laptop since it's prepared to stand heavy duties and the large software's such as games but in our case it stands the huge design programs we download and maintain the rendering processes perfectly. But after 2 years My battery started draining too fast  like barely hold on for 2 hours maybe?? 

It suddenly happened without reasons like ik we might be hard on our laptops bc of uni but it shouldn't turns less effective that fast I mean I shut it down and leave it to rest few hours but that battery couldn't help anymore..

Please would you guide me what am I supposed to do? and why it drains so fast? like idk what's wrong with that laptop.....

2 REPLIES 2
banhien
Level 19
Level 19
92,786 92,664 11,998 25,579
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@arch-ghamdi 

Normally after charging cycles for batteries after 700-1000 times can go down vary fast. Charging twice a day in 2 years = 2 x 365 x 2 = 1460 times that means batteries can only hold 50% or less their designed capacity.

Anyway please try

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c04700771

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

0 Kudos
arch-ghamdi
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Sure got it!, but in case I need to replace my battery what do you advise me to do like what's the procedure to replace it with an original one that fits to make sure am not gonna be deceived by other ways or shops.

0 Kudos
Tags (1)
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation