cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
The HP Calculator Community Message Board is moving. While we prepare for the move, we are unable to accept new postings. During the move, you can look for help from other users by visiting https://www.hpmuseum.org/ . Or if you need technical support for your calculator visit: HP Calculators. .
ShivamKrishn
Level 3
58 23 3 4
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Best Battery Charging Practice

HP Recommended
Hp Omnen
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi there,
I have two questions to ask mainly, first may I ask the best charging or usage practice to reduce battery wear and prolong its health over time? Currently I charge till 100% and then and never drain below 20%. Is it a good habit to run laptop while plugged in always? I fear it there would be swollen battery in future or if there is any other issue. Also I noticed that there is no such charge cut chip installed in laptop as battery keeps charging even reaching 100% mark.

Second, I see in Hp Support Assistant that the maximum charge capacity is only 96% of the total capacity screenshot attached is it due to the Hp's battery health function enabled in BIOS.

Screenshot (16).png

I just want my battery to stay healthy and in best battery health position. Please share your thoughts.

Thanks.

1 REPLY 1
banhien
Level 19
Level 19
96,780 65,493 12,539 21,609
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@ShivamKrishn 

I did post my observations few years back. But not applicable for consumer machines because we may turn on and off our machines daily (even few times a day). Anyway, the principle is more charging cycles will reduce the life of battery.  Please use the following guide to keep battery healthy

https://support.hp.com/au-en/document/c01297640

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

>
Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation