cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
The HP Calculator Community Message Board is moving. While we prepare for the move, we are unable to accept new postings. During the move, you can look for help from other users by visiting https://www.hpmuseum.org/ . Or if you need technical support for your calculator visit: HP Calculators. .
KorjMorj
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Bios update and undervolting

HP Recommended
HP Omen 15 en-1030ur
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

I recently bought the new Omen 15 2021 with Ryzen 5800h and I have a few questions I couldn't figure out so far:

1) It came with bios F.05 preinstalled, whilst support web page suggests F.02 Rev A that was released Feb 7 2021. I updated to it, even though the update app informed it is older, not sure which one is the latest? Which one should I use?

I also find fan noise a bit too loud, read here that F.01 had better fan control, but I assume there's no F.01 for en1000 series?

2) Why is there only the Omen Setup Utility? How can I get into bios? I most of the time use my laptop plugged in and I wanted to use Battery Care to limit charge to 60%, which I saw should be available in bios. How can I use this feature?
Why doesn't HP add this feature in the Omen Hub?

3) And last question is about the Omen Hub, I saw that other Omens have much more options of controlling, including undervolting, but mine is very limited, I can only control the network, keyboard light and fans, that's all. How can the other features?
Comfort mode is also missing.

Thank you!

1 REPLY 1
KorjMorj
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

So, any reply from HP Support here?

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation