Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Help my screen is blank blue I can't get it to start

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

I faced the same problem a month ago so I'm sharing my personal experience. This problem is very frustrating. In this case when you try to load your machine, it doesn't fully load and greet you with a blue screen. There may be various problems which we can find only by running the hardware scan that comes built-in to your HP laptop. To do this process;

1. Hit the power button.

2. Tapping on the escape key (Google your own model to find out what key you've to press to enter your boot menu on HP).

3. Choose F2 for system diagnostic. 

4. Start memory test. Wait until it pass the memory test. In case if it pass the memory test, go for next option.

5. Start the hard-drive check. Click on the quick check. If you found the "no hard-drive found error" or any similar error, most likely your hard-drive could be bad. 

If there is no error found, try checking the BIOS settings. 

1. Restart your laptop the same way.

2. Press F10 for BIOS.

3. Make sure that the system time and date is correct. 

4. Save and exit.

So you've done all those scans and your HP machine is still giving you the error and is still not booting up properly, most likely it's an operating system issue. At that point, reinstall a fresh operating system to avoid the blue screen error. 

Further more you can get some help here: https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c00372711

Hope it helps.

LenaAxelsson
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.